Wednesday, May 25, 2011

YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO

17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me: 18 When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. Ezekiel 3:17,18 NKJV

God's watchmen warn the wicked. Every believer has the responsibility of a watchman. As watchmen, we are to warn others of the dangers of wickedness and sin. I think about those I have encountered who are lost. I think about the opportunity I had to share the gospel, but for whatever reason, chose not to do so. I now ask myself, “Where are they now.? Did someone come along and do what I should have done? Has someone told them about Jesus?" Yes, I often wonder about the impact my lack of responsibility has made in the lives of others.

We have the responsibility of sharing the gospel with those who are lost. Jesus told all believers to “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15 NKJV. There you have it. We have received our instructions. So let us get busy doing what we know we ought to do. Let us go out and preach the good news.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment