Friday, May 14, 2010

HOT, COLD, OR JUST PLAIN LUKEWARM

Can you recall the day when you asked Jesus to come into your life? Do you remember the feeling you had at the time? I can remember that day and I also remember thinking to myself, "I mean business!" At that time, I was at a low point in my life and I knew the only other way for me to go was up. I also knew the only way I could go up was with Jesus. One of my friends told me during a conversation that she used to be on fire for the Lord. She said some other things and implied the fire I had would soon burn out. Well, I am here today telling you the fire is still present.

I am by no means putting on a judge's robe and judging anyone. I will say each one of us must take a good look at ourselves and the lives we are living. Are you hot, cold, or just plain lukewarm? Some people truly live holy lives. They believe God and Christ exist and respect the fact that God does have a standard of living for us to live by. These people can be described as hot. On the flip side, there are others who reject God. They reject Jesus. They live for themselves. This group of people is described as cold. At least it is obvious where these two groups of people stand when it comes to the things of God. Many people fall into a group called lukewarm. Lukewarm means these people profess that God and Christ exist, but they live a life that is contrary to this. They straddle the fence so to speak. All of these groups can be expanded upon, but for the sake of time and typing space, I will stop here.

Each day we make a decision on how to live out the day. We have three choices. We can choose to be hot, cold, or just plain lukewarm. You are reading this blog, so I believe you can narrow your choice down to two. You can choose to be hot or lukewarm.

"15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth." Revelation 3:15, 16 NKJV

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment