Saturday, May 22, 2010

EMBRACE THE TIME IN GOD'S WAITING ROOM

Have you ever made a trip to a local hospital's emergency room? Maybe you needed care or assisted someone who sought immediate medical attention. Emergency waiting rooms can be long and quite uncomfortable. Well, God's waiting room is similar to that of a hospital. In God's waiting room you may be "sitting" for an uncomfortable, extended period of time.

When God wants to do something in your life, you will usually enter into a season of waiting. Yes, the dreaded waiting room. God's waiting room is often uncomfortable because one never knows how long the wait will be, there is no sight into what is going on, there is a lack of understanding for the wait, and one loses complete control during this time. At this point, you must simply throw your hands up and say, "God, I cannot control anything. I cannot make things happen, so I have to trust You. I know You want the best for me." At least this is what I said to Him. Once I threw up my hands and accepted that I have been placed in the waiting room, I have experienced many changes and breakthroughs in my life. All of these things did not take place overnight or all at once, but they did happen. I am still waiting on some things, but the wait is not as difficult as it was at the beginning. I now know it is not about my timing, but His.

I think it is important to understand that God is at work in your life, even when your natural eyes do not show His hand at work. You may never know the reason for your season in the waiting room, but do not assume it is because you are not holy or something is spiritually wrong with you. This may be the case for some, but not necessarily true in all cases. During the wait, you cannot control what will happen, when things will happen, or how things will happen. This is good because now you must trust God. You now have to totally depend upon Him. It is easy to become worried or filled with anxiety in God's waiting room, but this means your trust is not in Him. You do not believe He is able to do what He said He will do for you.

Again, I will say the waiting room is not a comfortable place to be, but it is during this time that you are often worked on, so you can be worked through, and so that He can do what He needs to do. While you are in God's waiting room, take time to pray to Him. Stay close to Him. Trust Him. Another important thing to remember is to be still and keep waiting. Embrace your time in the waiting room. Keep a spirit of expectancy at all times while you wait. After your season of waiting, so many good gifts (spiritual and natural) will be rewarded to you. The wait will surely prepare you to receive the good things God wants to do for you and through you.

"5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits,
And in His word I do hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord
More than those who watch for the morning—
Yes, more than those who watch for the morning." Psalm 130:5,6 NKJV

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment