Thursday, March 10, 2011

DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DESIRES

Waiting for the desires of your heart to be granted can make you uneasy. A bunch of emotions are triggered within during the waiting process. At first you are excited about knowing it will happen. As times passes, you might wonder if it will happen. When will it happen? Why is it not happening? When the wait extends from a few days to weeks to months to years, you began to doubt and wonder at what point do you give up. My answer to that is you should never give up. You should never give up on trusting God to give you the righteous desires of your heart.
                         
These words of encouragement are not coming from someone who has received all things asked of God. The desires that mean most to me have not been granted yet. I have been waiting for years to receive them. I do not tell you this to discourage you during your wait but to encourage you. If I can keep my hope so can you. It has been years for me, but only God knows how long the wait will be for you. I could decide to question Him (and believe me, I have) about the reasons the wait is so long compared to that for others, but the answer would not change anything. Besides, there is nothing to gain by comparing my situation and circumstances to anyone else. God has a different path and plan for each of us.

Do not let what you see cause you to doubt God is at work in your life. Look beyond what you see. If the wait has you down, thinking on God's goodness will cause you to look up.

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good;
         Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
 4 Delight yourself also in the LORD,
         And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
    
 5 Commit your way to the LORD,
         Trust also in Him,
         And He shall bring it to pass.
 6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
         And your justice as the noonday. Psalm 37: 3-6 NKJV

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment