Thursday, December 5, 2013

IF I COULD TURN BACK THE HANDS OF TIME

If only I knew then what I know now.... you finish the sentence. I'm sure most of us have made this statement, ending it with something we wished we would had or had not done. When seconds, minutes, and hours go, they're gone. We can't get them back. So instead of looking back, wishing we could get a "do over" we have to make the best use of our time now.

When we do away with our own daily plans and trust in the Lord for Him to plan our way on each day, we can accomplish all things that are meant to be accomplished on the particular day. I can't tell you the number of evenings I've thought about the tasks I wanted to do, or felt I needed to do, but wasn't able to complete for whatever reason. Months ago, in my quiet time with the Lord, it was made clear to me to ask the Lord to guide my steps each day and to be open to where He leads and guides me and all that needs to be done will be done. Grasping this has allowed me to feel less guilty about my so called "To Do List".

"Don’t waste your time on useless work, mere busywork, the barren pursuits of darkness. Expose these things for the sham they are. It’s a scandal when people waste their lives on things they must do in the darkness where no one will see. Rip the cover off those frauds and see how attractive they look in the light of Christ.
Wake up from your sleep,
Climb out of your coffins;
Christ will show you the light!
So watch your step. Use your head. Make the most of every chance you get. These are desperate times!
Don’t live carelessly, unthinkingly. Make sure you understand what the Master wants." Ephesians 5:15-17 Msg

Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment