Thursday, May 5, 2016

THE PUSH

Note: As I looked over my past posts, I discovered a similar entry I wrote in May 2015 regarding the push out of the comfort zone. I do not think it is a coincidence that I am writing a very similar post almost one year later. This tells me it is important to remind myself and all of you of the necessary push we all need at some time or another. 

The comfort zone is exactly that, a comfortable place to be. Remaining in the comfort zone stunts growth. There are no challenges and a person is not able to expand beyond what one already knows. Gifts and talents remain hidden because of a lack of opportunity to expose them. Most people will remain in this position if left alone. Others will push themselves beyond this zone or receive a push from some other source.

I can personally speak about being pushed out of my comfort zone. I spent many years living in a place of comfort because I was afraid of the unfamiliar that waited me outside of the box. I call my comfort zone a box because that is what it felt like to me. Being trapped in a box. I am a leader and I know it. It is a miserable feeling to be a leader, feeling as though your hands are tied, and trapped in a box. I cannot blame anyone for putting me in that box because God had given me the power to escape, but I came up with every excuse possible as to why I needed to be there. I do understand there was a set time I was to remain in that place to have my life touched and to touch the lives of others, but when it was time to branch out, I remained.

At the beginning of this year, I promised myself this year would not be the same as last year or the year before because I needed a change. I was going to use the power and authority I was given to change 2016. Not long after making this promise, here comes the push. I will not spend time explaining all of the details regarding the push, but just know that due to a series of events, I am happy to say that I have taken a great leap of faith and escaped the box. I have left the comfort zone that I permitted to stunt my growth and keep my gifts and talents hidden from the world. I am so happy and at peace with my decision. I cannot begin to explain how freeing it feels to stretch beyond the familiar.

There are many people we have to reach using our God given gifts and talents and staying in a place of comfort prevents us from reaching them. It is up to each one of us to use the faith we were given to go beyond this place of comfort. 

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment