Sunday, March 7, 2010

HE IS SPEAKING, ARE YOU LISTENING?

I can recall days in which I prayed to my Father and asked Him to speak to me. It took time for me to realize He does speak, but I had to surrender my own ideas of how He should speak to me. I missed Him many times because I chose to turn off my ears to anything that was not like my method of choice. I can say that is the problem with most folks today. They pray to Him and He does speak, but they are not listening. In other words, they are placing limits on who God is and how He works.

Praying to God is a way of communicating with Him. Prayer with Him is like any other conversation we have with a friend, family, or anyone else. The normal flow of conversation is one speaks as the other listens. The same formula applies when speaking with God. God is not limited in the way He speaks to and answers us. His response may not be immediate or in the way we choose for Him to communicate. This is where patience and trust must be exercised.

I have experienced many ways in which God has spoken to me. Dreams are a frequent way in which He has chosen to speak to me. He commonly speaks through His word, my thoughts, and sends messages through other people. The methods mentioned are not the only ways He has chosen to speak to me, but I want you to have an idea of some of the ways He chooses to speak to us.

God is speaking to you, are you listening? Let go of any preconceived ideas you have about how He will speak to you. Shut out the busyness and noise around you. Be open to the unlimited ways He chooses to speak.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with me."  Revelation 3:20 NKJV

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment