Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WHY DO EVILDOERS KEEP GETTING BLESSED?

Have you ever asked the Lord, “Why is it that I live holy and sacrifice so much, yet it seems as if those who care nothing for You and plot wicked schemes to get what they want are getting blessed?” I have asked the Lord this many times. You must know one thing. Things are not always what they appear to be.

When it comes to blessings, we must first understand we have no say in how the Lord chooses to bless another person, so we should never become envious or jealous of others who are blessed. In fact, we should rejoice for others who are in their due season of reaping their blessings. Just remember, your due season is also sure to come. I know you are saying, “Okay, that’s good for those who accept Christ and try to live a life pleasing to the Lord, but why are evildoers, those workers of iniquity, reaping blessings?"

It is easy to become angry, bitter, or jealous over those who live a life of sin and have no care for the Lord or what He commands of us. But to answer the question about workers of iniquity reaping blessings, one must ask, "Are they always truly reaping blessings from God?" Evildoers prosper in their own way. I do not know about you, but I desire true blessings from my Father. I have no interest in plotting evil schemes to get what I want in life. I love God and I trust Him. Whenever thoughts flood my mind about what I see happening in the lives of evildoers, I think on the following scripture:
"1 Do not fret because of evildoers,
Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass,
And wither as the green herb." Psalm 37:1,2 NKJV

In verse one, we are instructed not to worry ourselves, become discontent, or annoyed because of evildoers, nor become jealous of the workers of iniquity. Many people choose to do wrong to themselves and to the people of God, but we should not be consumed with their works of iniquity. We should not allow them to destroy the joy in our lives. Do not misunderstand me, we are to care for their souls and pray for them, but praying for their souls is different from fretting over them.

In verse two, God’s word tells us the destruction of the workers of iniquity will be fast, sudden, and sure. Just as grass is cut down and withers away, so shall be the fate of evildoers. So you see, death is the result of the workers of iniquity, why should you envy those whose end is death? God’s people are promised an everlasting life. Stop envying the flesh, and keep your faith, trust, and eyes fixed on your heavenly rewards.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment