Sunday, April 11, 2010

THERE ARE REWARDS IN WAITING ON GOD

Our society has been labeled "a microwave society" for good reason. We do not like to wait for anything. We can get a hot meal in less than five minutes. We can send a message across the country, or the world, at the push of a few buttons. We can deposit cash into an ATM and the funds are instantly available in our checking accounts for immediate withdrawal. These are just a few examples of how the world has changed to accommodate the attitudes of the people. People want what they want and they want it now. In other words, there is a lack of patience among the people. Although we may not have to wait long at a drive thru window for a meal, at the ATM for cash, or to send a message, when waiting on God to answer prayers or give us righteous desires of our hearts, a wait is often involved.

God moves in any way, through anyone, and at anytime. If He chooses to bring a thing to pass instantly, so it shall be. Many times when we pray to Him for the desires of our hearts, a waiting process is involved. I cannot give you a specific answer for your wait, but through personal experience, I have found rewards in my waiting. Preparation is one reward of waiting on God to answer prayers. Yes, it may be hard to wait for answers to our prayers, but being prepared to receive the answer is important. I am sure you can think back on a time when you asked God for something, but did not receive it when you wanted it, but later, you were thankful for the delay. Many times we are not ready for the very things we ask of Him. I am thankful God did not give me everything I wanted when I wanted it.

Waiting caused an increase in my faith and dependence on God. In some cases, I waited for years. I felt like giving up many times, but my strength grew and I pressed on. I am presently waiting on Him to bring desires of my heart to pass, but I trust Him and His timing. I constantly reflect on how He has delivered on other promises made to me. Because He was faithful to me then, there is no reason for me to doubt His faithfulness now. If you take a moment to reflect on your life, I am sure you can recall when He did the same for you.

"But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31 NKJV

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment