Friday, April 30, 2010

WHO IS IN CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE?

If you are anything like me, you may find it very hard to relinquish control at times. I must admit, I am a perfectionist. In my mind, to make sure everything is done right, means I must do things on my own or in my own power. Well, this is not a good thing in most cases. At many times in our lives, we must learn to place our trust in others. Trusting someone is not always an easy thing to do. It is a lack of trust that causes many people to hold on or hold back on things. A lack of trust also keeps one from totally surrendering to God.

It can be hard to let go of control over your life. When you are in control, you can make decisions based on how or what you feel. When you give your life over to God and totally surrender to Him, you are letting Him become your Guide. What I mean by this is that your decisions are not your own. If you have surrendered to God and allow Him to guide you in life, you want to please Him and live according to His word. For example, you may want go right, but He may say, "Go left." You might want to speak, but He may say, "Stay quiet." He will often lead you to unknown places and to unfamiliar people. To follow God, takes trust in Him. I know all about having to have or see proof before moving. Getting to a place of trusting God did not happen overnight for me. Little by little I used small steps of faith and learned to trust Him in the small things. Now I trust Him in all things.

God wants to mold you into the person He has called you to be. In order to do this, you have to relinquish control. Let Him be in control of your life. We are all works in progress and at some time or another, may find ourselves trying to do things in our power. Many times we are taking on assignments we are not to meant to handle, simply because we are control freaks. Why not seek guidance from the One who knows all things? Why not trust Him with your life? After all, He has the best for you and will never guide you in the wrong direction

"Father,
Things are not going the way I want them to in my life. I have gone through each day trying to do things in my own power and in my own way. I have failed to let go and give you complete control of my life. I want to do the things you want me to do. I want those things you desire for me to have in my life. I trust You and I do know You want what is best for me. Forgive me for not letting you guide my steps.

Father, help me to be who You want me to be. Help me to do what You want me to do. I am letting go now and I am giving You complete control.
Amen."

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment