Thursday, September 30, 2010

STEPPING UP TO THE PLATE

You question yourself about whether it is time. You feel the tugging in your spirit because you know you must take action. You know deep in your soul you have sat and observed for too long, now it is your turn to bat. It is your turn to step up to the plate.

Now that you have come to accept the challenge, your heart rate speeds up, but there is also a sense of peace about it all because you know you are doing what God wants you to do. I guess one could say it is rather selfish for any of us to remain still when we know God wants us to move. Also, by not moving, we neglect others. By this I mean there are so many people who need what we have. We possess something(s) that can help minister to others, help them see come out of negative situations, or simply provide hope to them.

I should raise my hand. No, let my put up both hands, sit on my behind and lift my feet and say I have sat for too long. I can choose to sit back and bury the talents and gifts God has blessed me with to do my part for the kingdom, or I can start taking steps and follow where and how He leads me. I think I would much rather flow with Him and His plans for me.

Well, with all that being said, I guess I am stepping up to the plate.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment