Monday, October 4, 2010

WOULD YOU LIKE IT RARE, MEDIUM, OR WELL DONE?

It's funny how we pray to the Lord and say we trust Him to answer our prayers. When the answers to our prayers don't come quickly, we get antsy, frustrated, impatient, and start planning to answer them on our own. These reactions are definitely not signs of trusting God. When it comes to an answered prayer or receiving a blessing, would you like it rare, medium, or well done? No matter how impatient I get at times, when it comes to waiting on an answer to my prayers, I would like to have it how I like my steaks.... well done!

It's easy to think negative thoughts when it comes to waiting on God to do something for us. Some might think He is punishing them or He is cruel, while others think God is denying them. God is not cruel. Let's first address this idea that some may have simply because they are in a waiting season. The Lord is preparing great things for you. God can work as quickly as He wants or He can take as much time as necessary to answer our prayers. Some answers take great preparation. In fact, if we are honest, we’re not always ready for the things we ask of Him.

Let’s just pretend for a moment. What if the Lord answered your prayers before you were ready to receive? Can you imagine what messes would result from a rare or medium blessing? Well, can we even call something like that a blessing? I'm just saying. Waiting isn't easy. I never said it was, nor will I ever say it is easy. Trust me. I know a lot about waiting on the desires of the heart to come to pass. Just as much as I know how uncomfortable waiting can be, I know how great well done blessings can be.

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the soul who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:25 NKJV

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment