Thursday, December 9, 2010

DREAM BIG DREAMS


I cannot tell you how many times my dreams have been laughed at or shot down. Oh yeah. I have been told I live in a fantasy world. Since when did having dreams become a joke? I used to go back and think on what these people said to me and slowly allowed my dreams to die. But, those days are long behind me. My dreams are alive now and I will never allow them to die again. In fact, I am dreaming even bigger. I am dreaming big dreams.
One of the most important things to learn about dreams is to guard them. You cannot share them with everyone, not even family members. If you decide to share your dreams, make sure to share them with those you trust. They must be supporters of you and your dreams. True supporters will not laugh at your dreams. They will offer help and/or encouragement to help make your dreams come true. I share my deepest desires and dreams with my Father and the one person who I know prays for me the most and wants the best for me. I only release what God tells me to release and when He tells me to release it.
To those who have buried your dreams because you thought they could never come true because of naysayers, forget what they said. Uncover those buried dreams. I know you think those dreams are dead, that you have waited too long to pursue those dreams, or that you are too old to pursue them, but ask the Lord to breathe life into your dreams. Nothing is too big or too hard for Him.
Dream. Dream big. Dream big dreams.
"Where there is no vision, the people perish" (taken from Proverbs 29:18 KJV)
Be blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment