Thursday, December 30, 2010

A MOMENT TO REFLECT

A new year is near. So many of us are excited to begin a new year and we look forward to what God is going to do. I am totally excited about 2011. With all of the excitement I feel when it comes to starting a new year, I always find it necessary for me to take a moment to reflect on the current year. I will not complain about 2010. As a matter of fact, I cannot complain. Some dreams were fulfilled. Some dreams were not fulfilled. I had ups and downs just like everyone else, but still, 2010 has been a great year.

This year has certainly been a year of much change. When it comes to my relationships with others, some of them changed. Some for the better and others, well, my eyes were opened and I am seeking the Lord and may properly put an end to those relationships. Relationships should help you grow and not hinder. Our relationships should allow us to be who we truly are and not put on fake faces to "make it work." I am okay with releasing what does not work for me.

When it comes to my life spiritually, all I can say is, "Wow! God is good!"

I experienced a lot of great things I could share, but for the sake of time, maybe I will share later. I will simply tell you there are rewards in waiting on God and trusting Him.

While I had great things happen to and for me this year, I experienced some not so great times. Oh yes, the enemy came at me. Satan schemed, lied, and all of that other stuff he is known for, but I am still standing. I am still here to tell you that I have the victory and the devil is defeated. I started out as a winner in 2010 and I will end 2010 as a winner.

I do not know what God has in store for me. I am not one for making resolutions. I just want to go where God guides me. I want to do what He tells me to do. I want to be who God said I am to be. Do not get me wrong, I have plans, but I hand them over to Him. God is still in control. 

Get excited! Leave 2010's messes in 2010 and look forward to 2011's successes. I do not know about you, but I am excited about an open heaven in 2011.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment