Saturday, August 4, 2012

SOMEONE HAS IT WORSE THAN YOU DO


Customer: "Hey. How are you doing?"

Clerk: "Bad."

Customer: "Bad day?"

Clerk: "it’s been a bad month." She sighs.

Customer: "____ had a seizure and she's in the hospital. She can't move."

Clerk: Her eyes grow wide. She looks shocked. She says nothing.

Customer: "Yeah. She's in room ___. You should go see her." He smiles as he accepts his receipt, pushed his shopping cart, and heads toward the doors. He looks back with a smile on his face and says, "Bye. Take care. I hope things get better."

Then she says to me, "Just when I think I have it bad, someone always has it worse than me."

Me: "Umm hmm." I agree with her.

After the customer left, the clerk appeared more friendly and energetic.

The entire time they held their conversation, I was thinking the very thing the clerk had spoken, "Someone has it worse than me." 

We all go through tough situations in life. We should be grateful for all Jesus has done for us, even while going through tough times. When you find yourself wanting to complain about something that is not right in your life, just remember someone has it worse than you do.

Be blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment