Sunday, July 4, 2010

WHY ME? WELL, WHY NOT ME?

This has to be the number one question asked when facing troubles. "Why me?" Well, this question is also often asked when God tells us to do something. I am sure most people ask Him this question because they are lazy and/or comfortable right where they are in life. They wish to remain in their present state. You know that place called the comfort zone. But, on the flip side of that, some pose the question because they cannot believe God trusts them with such tasks or assignments. Let us focus on the latter.

God will call you to do many things you do not feel capable of doing. You are ready to handle some assignments immediately. In this case, you currently possess what is necessary to fulfill such tasks. Recall the following phrase,“Wherever God guides, He provides.” So, wherever God tells you to go or do, the necessary preparation has taken place and you, my dear, are capable of doing what you have been called to do. Then there are assignments you are to complete at a later time. God will prepare you for these assignments. Yes, initially you may think you are not capable of completing the task at that time. You may be right. When you say yes to God, you must give Him all the time necessary to prepare and mold you for the assignment. It is important to recognize at the moment God calls you, does not necessarily mean you are ready for the role. Oftentimes growth has to take place first before you can move on the calling.

It took me a while to grasp the concept of being called for assignments and understanding the time needed for preparation. In the past when God called me to do something, I immediately asked, “Why me?” Next, I started making excuses why others were more suitable for the task. Now, instead of asking “Why me?’ I simply ask myself, “Why not me?”

For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. Luke 12:48 NKJV

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment